Sunday, July 11, 2010

On the Fly: Tarragon Turkey Penne

One of the standard back-up meals at our house (say, leftover night but nothing allergy-free is leftover) is pasta with some turkey pulled out of the freezer tossed together with olive oil. Here's the same pasta and turkey but my first try at a dairy-free "cream" sauce. 1 tbsp rice flour whisked with 1tbsp olive oil, then 1 cup ricemilk/soymilk blend whisked in and brought to a simmer. The ricemilk/soymilk blend had a touch of sweetness that seemed to beg for 1 tsp tarragon, and a dash of salt and pepper. The sauce came out a bit thicker than I expected; I think next time I will use just 2 tsp rice flour. So good to finally have my pantry well-stocked with some allergy-free staples and be able to experiment a little!

1 comment:

  1. Anita! What a great idea for a blog! I am SURE this will bless people!

    ReplyDelete