Friday, July 16, 2010

Venturing into the World of Tofu

Armed with some basic knowledge of tofu, thanks to AB's TofuWorld episode, I took the plunge this week. AB's Tall and Tangy Tofu Thangy looked like a wonderful way to introduce children to tofu, and it was all I hoped it would be! Of course, I modified it to be allergy friendly. Based on some of the comments on the recipe page, I chose to blend tofu, cranberry juice, and a banana. It was a nice texture, though I think next time I will freeze some of the cranberry juice into cubes ahead of time.

The helpful website over at Food Network popped up this yummy BLT Pasta recipe as I was perusing AB's recipe. I made the recipe as suggested, though I used drained canned tomatoes -- they always taste better in my opinion, but maybe that's just because I didn't have to chop them! To keep it allergy-friendly, I used rice pasta, left the sour cream/mayo part separate, and substituted it with a pureed tofu/chopped green onion mixture. I will definitely be making it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment